Macomb County Michigan Personal Injury Attorneys
Frequently asked questions on Michigan personal injury law
Sustaining a personal injury can be traumatic. However, with the right Macomb personal injury law firm by your side, you can move on with your life. Following are some frequently asked questions about personal injury:
- What is personal injury and what types of accidents qualify? Personal injury refers to any physical harm to your body or person. If you are injured in an accident, do not hesitate in contacting a personal injury lawyer in Macomb County. Below are some examples of typical personal injury cases:
- Car accident injury
- Workplace injury
- Slip and fall accident
- Dog bites
- Do I need a lawyer to help me with my case? While it is possible to proceed without an attorney, you can greatly increase your chances of receiving compensation by hiring a lawyer. Additionally, your lawyer can explain all aspects of the legal process to you.
- Will I have to go to court? Most personal injury cases settle before going to trial. However, depending on many factors including evidence, the extent of your injuries, and the Macomb County injury lawyer you hire, your case may or may not be resolved out of court.
- What is comparative negligence? Also known as comparative fault, comparative negligence is a rule that allows a party to collect compensation even if he or she was partly responsible for the accident.
- What is the statute of limitations for a personal injury case? In Michigan, the statute of limitations for personal injury is three years. This means that you have three years from the time of your injury to file a lawsuit. If you are injured, contact a Macomb County injury lawyer as soon as possible.
- Can a personal injury attorney help me with a wrongful death case? Yes. Most personal injury attorneys are also skilled at handling wrongful death cases.
Contact the Macomb County Michigan personal injury law firm of Jeffrey W. Hartkop, P.C.
Being injured can cause emotional and physical pain. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed by medical expenses and unable to work. At the law firm of Jeffrey W. Hartkop, P.C. we are dedicated to serving the needs of personal injury victims.
Let us fight for you
To discuss your personal injury case, contact us online or call us at (586) 412-3400.